Social Content Creator APPLY NOW
Brought to life by a Kickstarter campaign in 2013, Commodity Fragrances has gone from crowd-funded to crowd-favorite thanks to its continuous redesign of the fragrance experience, one that looks for ways to make fragrance more intuitive and breaks down any barriers.
We’re a company that is always looking to do things atypically, elementally, and ethically. We place an emphasis on out-of-the-box-thinking, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit with ample space for learning, growth, and championing projects. Part of a small team, we also value cross-functional collaboration and communication which is promoted in our open concept workspace.
Our offices are located in an award-winning, 2-story building in Englewood, New Jersey--15 minutes outside of New York City and just 5 minutes away from the bustling downtown streets and iconic Balthazar bakery.
We are currently seeking a Social Content Creator for our growing E-commerce brand.
This person will be responsible for planning, creating, scheduling and monitoring Commodity’s organic social media content across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) to increase brand awareness, engagement and community size, and ultimately drive activity to our website to increase sales. The ideal candidate for this role lives and breathes social media and is knowledgeable about current trends with a proven track record of using social media to increase brand awareness and engagement. This candidate will work directly with our head of Written Content, our Head Graphic Designer, and our SVP of Marketing to inspire and bring-to-life on-brand social media content. This person will also understand the power of influencer marketing and user-generated content, partnering with the PR/Affiliate and Paid Marketing teams to harness paid, earned, and owned media. Part of a small, very collaborative team, we need a team player who is willing to wear multiple hats to achieve business objectives.
This is a full-time role that is based in New Jersey and is partly remotely.
- Lead our visual organic content strategy to drive meaningful growth for our brand and our business
- Create and inspire content as well as edit content for use on different platforms
- Partner with the Written Content, Marketing, Graphic Design, PR and Affiliate teams to create relevant, optimized content across all social channels.
- Roll out daily content campaigns that align with business goals, brand building, community growth, product launches, promotional periods, and other brand milestones
- Stay informed on the constantly changing landscape of social media, spotting industry and cultural trends, best practices and emerging technology and risk
- Build and maintain all social media communities by monitoring, listening and responding to users on a daily basis
- Grow followers and brand advocates by improving engagement across all organic social channels
- Become an advocate for Commodity in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Oversee all contests, sweepstakes and giveaways leveraging across all channels with a goal of engagement and growth
- Develop social metrics reporting, identify trends and regularly communicate insights, key learnings and recommendations to brand.
- A/B test scheduling times, content types, copy, etc.
- 3+ years working in a social media/community management role for a major brand or agency
- Deep understanding of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- An inherent knowledge of content that resonates across the social landscape
- A basic understanding of SEO as it pertains to social media.
- A witty and empathetic approach to building brand loyalty, busting objections, resolving issues and a general understanding of consumer psychology.
- High attention to detail with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines efficiently
- Very strong communication and time management skills
- Team player and collaborator who maintains composure in high pressure and fast-paced situations with a drive to learn new things and go above and beyond.
- Platform experience with Hootsuite, BrandBassador, AWIN, or similar platforms/tools
- Video editing experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, iMovie, Premierepro
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Photography and/or videography skills is a plus